Wednesday, April 18, 2007

April Update

Half way through the month! Exams went uneventfully, should get our marks back next week. We're halfway through our first week of intersession. I'm really enjoying the hands on stuff, and we are being kept very busy. I've gotten to take blood from a kitty and IV injections (under anaesthetic). Next week I am scheduled for surgery assistant monday, anesthesia tuesday, and surgery assistant thursday :) And I got the only dog for the anesthesia, so I will get to try and intubate!! Can't wait...

Also exciting is my recent ebay purchase. Not quite as exciting as my saddle, but none the less well anticipated. I got a stethoscope. Not just any stethoscope, but a Littman Master Cardiology... and of course in blue. LOL Here is a picture of the pretty beast:



Here is what they say about it:
The Littmann® Master Cardiology™ stethoscope offers a handcrafted stainless steel chestpiece with the portable convenience of a single-sided stethoscope. The tunable diaphragm conveniently alternates between low- and high-frequency sounds with a simple pressure change on the chestpiece.

Additionally, the stethoscope comes with a special procedures adaptor for difficult site or pediatric auscultation


This should be more than adequate for a vet tech, and good if I do anything beyond that! ;) And I got it at half the price of regular retail in Canada. I love ebay!

No comments: