Wednesday, August 08, 2007

MQHA Summer Sizzler Day 1 & 3

This past long weekend in August was the traditional 4 day Quarter Horse show in Sussex, NB. With almost 100 horses stabled for the weekend, and thousands of dollars in prize money, this was the weekend to be there! I was able to attend 2 days of the show along with my Dad's camera on loan :) I was pretty happy with the results of my photo shoots... day one was about 400 pictures and day 3 was about 600 pictures.

Friday was almost unbearably hot in the mid 30's wih no cloud cover. I was feeling the heat, but I felt worse for the horses and riders all dressed up and working their butts off. Not the most pleasant feeling I'm sure! The riding rings were very dusty, and with so many horses it could be hard to take a clear shot. Editing pictures helped some with the clouds of dust, but there were several pictures that would have been great if it weren't for the clouds of dust surrounding the subjects.










Sunday's weather was much more pleasant with temps in the low 20's with a nice breeze and partly cloudy. It was still very dusty in the rings, but I managed to take more pictures this day :)
















2 comments:

love2garden said...

Nice pictures Steph. I like the one with the big white blaze the best! Glad you got to enjoy the show.

Love2Run said...

Very nice but I think 'my' camera got tired and needs a little rest now.