Saturday, July 08, 2006

MacBook!

After a lot of window shopping and browsing of the web I've decided to get a MacBook. These things are so cool! So many awesome features, I'm sure I'll forget a lot but here we go:

- wont crash
- no viruses
- 6 hour battery life
- can put windows xp on it if you so desire and then you can switch back and forth between the 2 operating systems
- nothing that can brake on the outside of the computer. Very sleek.
- no latches, closes by magnets
- remote
- wireless
- faster and smoother on less RAM and hardrive than any PC
- awesome programs with the mac operating system, too much stuff to list
- the cd/dvd drive doesn't have a thing that comes out when you want to put the cd/dvd in, its just a slot you slide it in
- glossy screen, great color
- free iPod nano and $100 off for being a student
- duo processor giving your computer two brains to speed things up even more
- only 5.2 pounds
- built in webcam and microphone
- blue tooth capabilities (for wireless gadgets so you don't need a usb port
- power chord can be put in either way (theres no upside down) and unlike other laptops has a saftey feature where if you trip over the chord it just pops out without damage. So your laptop won't become airborne or wrench the inside parts
- etc, etc.

Thus, I have been won over. The reviews have all been positive. Only minor cons that were noted were that it can get quite warm, and the glossy screen can get reflective if used outdoors in the sun.

I'm very excited :) I probably won't get it for a couple weeks as I need just that bit more extra in cash... and I'm getting it sent to NB. That way I can save $60 in tax (one good thing about HST!). But I won't be able to play with my stuff til a later date... that will be the difficult part!

No comments: